Location: Queensland, Australia
Quantum-Systems PTY LTD is a global leader in aerial intelligence and autonomous, AI-powered aerial robotics. We design, develop, manufacture and deliver eVTOL Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) and an ecosystem of related products and services. Our business directly addresses the Defense and Security markets in North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America. We currently have an opening for a well-qualified candidate to join our Engineering Staff. This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
As a Senior Systems Engineer at Quantum-Systems you will play a critical role in solving challenges within the dynamic and competitive government UAS industry. In this role, you will be a creative problem solver, tackling the multi-faceted problems facing our various platforms and delivering cutting edge technology transforming the battlespace. Candidates will exemplify their technical acumen to identify, create and advance new technologies aligned to our company’s vision for UAS and Airborne Artificial Intelligence. From envisioning future warfighter needs to executing advanced platform technologies you will be at the forefront of Aerial Intelligence.
- Collaborate as part of the Quantum-Systems engineering team
- Provide Systems Engineering leadership in a high tempo work environment
- Decompose the scope of an assigned project and as a senior leader work across all IPTs to ensure all aspects of the project are covered with appropriate requirements
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints, perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into advanced solutions
- Develop and Execute Integration and Test Plans
- Elevate engineering rigor
- Meet business goals of engineering cost and schedule for scope of work as assigned.
- Develop and execute to project budgets and schedules
- Brief internal and customer leadership on progress of work assigned
- Lead subsystem and low-level technical reviews
- Mentor junior technical contributors
- Embody, promote, and coach the Quantum Systems leadership principles
Basic Qualifications –
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 10+ years of Aerospace experience; OR Master of Science (MS) in a STEM discipline and 8+ years of Aerospace experience
- Background Check Required
- Experience leading a team on a technical development effort or technical sustainment support
- 2+ years of leadership experience (team, people, program, project)
- Capable of working both independently and in a team environment
- Experience development engineering documentation (requirements, testing, procedures, etc.)
- Experience with generating or reviewing cost estimates/basis of estimates (BOEs).
- Engineering experience across multiple phases of the program lifecycle (i.e., conceptual design, technology maturation, preliminary/detailed design, integration, qualification, low-rate initial production, and full rate production)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Qualifications –
- Experience as technical lead, Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead, or other engineering leadership role with demonstrated team building, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and test complex systems including datalinks, control systems and vehicles
- Success as technical leader in an agile engineering organization
- Success in a startup environment demonstrating adaptability
- Facilitation of Root Cause and Correction Action (RCCA) teams
- Experience interfacing and presenting to program management and internal/external customers
- Ability to prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish desired results
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously
- Ability to comprehend and analyze complex problems and develop solutions