Location: Queensland, Australia
Quantum-Systems is positioning itself to be a global leader in autonomous, AI powered aerial robotics. We have now stood up a wholly owned, and Australia operated business, Quantum-Systems Pty Ltd, in Redbank. This business directly addresses the Defense, Security and Commercial markets for Uncrewed Aerial Vehicles (UAS) in the Asia-Pacific region. As a result of this new business, we have an opening for a well-qualified candidate for Managing Director. This position will report to the CEO of Quantum-Systems Inc.
- Work closely with the executive team to stand-up the initial business operations in-country.
- Prepare an annual and 3-year business plan and monitor progress against these plans to ensure that the business attains its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Develop and direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations in Australia.
- Direct and control the business operations and reporting of results to the CEO to ensure that the company achieves its mission and objectives.
- Establish and maintain effective formal and informal links with customers, relevant government departments and agencies, local authorities, key decision-makers and other stakeholders generally, to exchange information and views and to ensure that the company is providing the right products and services.
- Work directly with key customers in region to capture, execute and deliver on both government and commercial contracts.
- Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the company in the APAC region.
- Recruit and hire qualified staff.
- A proven record of success in senior level general or commercial management, preferably in the aerospace or robotics industries.
- Strong leadership, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience standing up a business in Australia is a plus.
- At least 10 years of senior level experience and management of people and resources.
- Graduate level of education preferably with a higher degree in a management discipline or a professional qualification.
- A broad knowledge of all aspects of operating a business in Australia and in the greater APAC region.
- An understanding of financial management and wider management principles and techniques.
- Political and presentational skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting interests and of meeting customer requirements.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Australian Citizenship is required/Background Check.