Location: Moorpark, CA
Quantum-Systems is positioning itself to be a global leader in autonomous, AI powered, aerial robotics. We have now stood up a wholly owned and U.S. operated business, Quantum-Systems Inc, in the United States. This business directly addresses the Defense and Security markets in North America, Latin America, and the Asia-Pacific region. As a result of this expansion, we have an opening for a well-qualified UAS Flight Instructor.
The UAS Flight Instructor position, located in Moorpark, CA, will be responsible for the execution of customer training programs and internal test flights. This position reports to the Flight Operations and Training Manager.
- Act as a Flight Instructor for Quantum-Systems’ UAS operator training programs.
- Safely execute regular ground and flight operations including mission planning and briefing, flight execution, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Actively participate in the ongoing development of operational and safety procedures and training courseware.
- Plan and conduct ground and UAS flight demonstrations in support of Business Development efforts.
- Responsible for compliance with service guidance, local civil aviation authority regulations and company procedures and practices.
- Perform test flights in support of internal research and development, new equipment and software testing and post-production functional check flights.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two or more years of remote pilot experience in professional or military UAS Operations
- Must possess an FAA Part 107 Certificate .
- High School diploma or GED equivalent; a bachelor’s degree is preferred or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAS principles, practices, and training concepts.
- Prior military instructor pilot experience highly desirable
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to professionally interface with all employees, military and civilian customers, contractors, and aircrew.
- Ability to maintain a FAA Class II flight physical.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team environment is essential, along with travel as required.
- US Citizenship is required/Background Check Required.