Location: Moorpark, CA
Quantum-Systems is positioning itself to be a global leader in autonomous, AI powered aerial robotics. We have now stood up a wholly owned, and US operated business, Quantum-Systems Inc, in the United States. This business directly addresses the Defense and Security markets in North America and the Asia-Pacific region. As a result of this expansion, we have an opening for a well-qualified candidate for the Program Manager II position.
The Program Manager (PM) is responsible for the execution of Customer and Internal Research and Development programs, including cost, schedule, and technical performance, as well as customer communication and satisfaction. The PM directs the program life cycle and manages all activities necessary to meet business goals and objectives. This position reports to the Director of Programs.
- The Program Manager will oversee their portfolio of programs, focusing on Contracted and Internal Research and Development efforts.
- The Program Manager is responsible for all aspects of program execution including technical, cost, schedule performance, customer satisfaction throughout the program’s lifecycle.
- Develop and maintain program plans including budget, schedule, and resource allocation.
- Manages customer and stakeholder meetings, communications, and expectations.
- Implementation of tailored program controls and success criteria.
- Ensures proper program execution by meeting/exceeding financial goals, managing risks and opportunities appropriately.
- Serves as the central customer interface on assigned programs.
- Authors and presents program review packages that provides transparency of all program metrics.
- Assists with the identification and planning of IRAD efforts/needs that are aligned with growth strategies, as well as strategic priorities within their portfolio of programs.
- Works with teams to engage, coordinate, align, and motivate the staff required to execute assigned programs.
- Manages potential changes in program scope, advises leadership and customers of potential impacts.
- Directly supports the preparation of cost and technical proposals to capture new and/or follow-on business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; Master’s degree in engineering or business a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Program or Project Management (UAV/UAS experience, a plus).
- Able to lead and motivate team members and be comfortable with raising issues in a timely manner.
- Experience managing Department of Defense or Government programs preferred.
- Proven Track Record of leading and managing the program life cycle, able to plan and execute efficiently.
- Sound reasoning, decision-making ability, and critical thinking skills.
- Experience in a highly technical, highly dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of Project Management methods, tools and processes.
- Background check required.